Fully adjustable using the fit-band dial, the Viper helmet retention system and netting is designed to maximize comfort, stability, air circulation, and protection during long periods of wear
Dial Fit Band (Black)
Comfort Pad Set
Comfort Retention System (Black or Tan499)
*Colors of interior MSS components (net & fitband) may vary. May not be as shown
- Superior Comfort & Fit - Engineered to comfortably fit a wide range of head shapes and sizes—adjustable liner and suspension system is optimized for impact protection, comfort, and extended-wear
- One-Handed Adjustment - Tighten or loosen the dial fit band and comfort pads around the circumference of the head with a simple turn of he dial fit ratchet mechanism
- Stability - The 4-point retention system has a height-adjustable nape pad to further stabilize the system when using NVGs
- Ventilation and Cooling - An adjustable crown net wicks perspiration and suspends the helmet shell on the wearer’s head for freer air-flow and circulation
- Impact Protection - Impact liner is made of a durable, low-profile material that exceeds U.S. Army ACH impact standards
- Extra Large
- Black, Tan 499
- Compatible with Viper full, mid and high cut helmets
- NOT Compatible with Cobra helmet
- NOT Compatible with Caiman helmets
- Compatible with Viper Front Mount
- Compatible with Viper Interlocking Long Rails
- Compatible with Viper Standalone Long Rails
Testing & Requirements
- Exceeds U.S. Army ACH impact standards
Game changer. Mesh allows my head to breathe. Adjustable know in the back tightens or loosens and help fit comfortably. Chin strap flexes with the movement of your jaw and never really loosens above or falls off or below your chin. Overall: it is worth it, the quality of this product is top notch. If you plan on wearing an ACH for a while, this will make it extremely comfortable and bearable compared to the stock issued pads and chin strap.
I absolutely love the fit and feel of this. I would definitely suggest buying it. So, the reason for 4 stars instead of 5.... The manual on installation is not the best, The straps going into the back could use a bit more detail, but after reviewing a few more pictures online it was clear what needed to be done. The mesh piece is difficult to adjust once completely installed. I typically don't wear a cover due to breaching ops however I do need it on during certain trainings. The original issue cover has to be cut to make it work with this. The final reason is due to price. I think its a bit high, but maybe that's just me.
It’s not easy to put in, but a great addition. I’m a tweener when it comes to helmet sizes. Small/medium is way small and my eyes get an inch closer together and the medium/large looks like a Darth Vador costume contest lol The new support system made the Medium/large fit Awsome!
I used to wear the pads which have many pressure points and becomes uncomfortable after hours of wear. This MSS rids all the pressure points caused by the pads and also makes the helmet much more stable from moving and shifting all over the place while being worn and moving. Quite easy to install as well. I highly recommend this system.