The Vertical Envelopment Pack (VEP) is a top opening, rolled closure, and Tubes secured assault pack that can be mounted on a FirstSpear Plate Carriers. The VEP can be flipped over the head for quick access to contents inside. The front hanging feature provides additional safety and comfort during infiltration when seated in armored vehicles and helicopters.
Developed to “Go forward from the Objective Rally Point (ORP)", the VEP provides the Assaulter with a unique capability which augments the full spectrum of modern combat operations. The VEP provides the Shooter with a clean unencumbered shoulder pocket when shoulder firing a weapon, minimizing under arm “clutter”. The Pack and Carrier can be removed and reassembled as one making quick work for casualty inspection and treatment. Rapid jettison of FirstSpear Plate Carriers does not change with or without the VEP on.
- Top opening, rolled closure, and Tubes? secured
- Mounts on FirstSpear Plate Carriers (usable without carrier)
- Flips over the head for quick access to contents inside
- Provides clean unencumbered shoulder pocket when firing a rifle
- VEP Pack
- Backpack shoulder straps (for use without plate carrier)
- Plate carrier shoulder straps (2)
- Cummerbund Tube Adapter (2)
- VEP Cummerbund Straps w/ Tubes (2)
- VEP Shoulder Straps with Tubes (2)
- Shoulder strap pads (2)
- Rat Strap (aids in lifting carrier overhead)
- Mesh Beavertail
- Height: (top is rolled down) roughly 17”, (top open) 21”
- Depth: 4”
- Width: 12.5”
The size parameters of the first VEP make it an edge to edge fit on carriers cut for the Swimmer/Shooter M - XL, SPEAR/SAPI M to XL or the MBAV S/M, L/XL & XXL.