The Universal Shroud-Light w/ IR is an enhanced version of the Norotos Universal Shroud that is compatible with nearly all helmets and renown for reliable stability (ref. NSNs 5855-01-569-7751 [Tan] and 5855-01-569-7729 [Black]).
Evolving from the Anti-Wobble fortitude of Norotos’ Universal Shroud, the Universal Shroud-Light w/ IR embeds a source of light into this already reliably robust platform. Enhancing previous conceptions of night vision shroud performance capacity, two banks of centrally focused lights consist of four white LEDs, two red LED"S and two IR emitters. This configuration provides an optically centered light pattern from the front of the helmet—eliminating the uncomfortable neck positions and continual beam adjustment of side mounted lighting systems, as well as two convergent LED beams that provide distance viewing up to 300 feet.
Powered with a single AA battery integrated into its lower portion, the Universal Shroud-Light w/ IR provides approximately 4 hours of white light at maximum brightness, followed by an automated step-down period providing a total of 14-plus hours field use. User may adjust light intensity from 4% to 100%. Low intensity significantly extends battery life and minimizes the potential for light detection by hostiles.
Avoiding break or snag potential, 2 low-profile contoured buttons located above lights provide controls for both light intensity, color selection, IR mode and safe on/off. User may quickly program which color light initially activates, always at the discrete low setting. Intelligent controllers warn the user via discrete flash alerts and light intensity reduction as battery exhaustion proceeds. The IR mode has a discrete user indicator that is shuttered from all but user view for safety.
- Aerospace Quality Aluminum Alloy & High-Strength Impact Resistant Polymers enhance performance & durability, including water & chemical resistance
- Optically Aligned Integrated Shroud Lights follows users’ vision to illuminate eye placement
- Adjustable Variable Light Intensity with red, white, & blue beams adjustable from 4% to 100%
- Long-Run Life Exceeds 14 Hours From Full White on a single AA battery with intelligent controllers for discrete power reduction warning & management after 4 hours of full brightness
- Conformal Coating Ensures Optimal Reliability Under Extreme Humidity & Hostile Rain validated through Norotos' testing
- Advanced Anti-Wobble Stability Management System with self-stabilizing compression & high-endurance shock absorbers
- Ergonomically Enhanced Shell safeguarding attachment through extending surface area
- Tether Plug prevents accidental NVG damage from drop/disengagement, yet releases when snagged or deliberate user action
Very well built; only issue was having to redrill all the holes and ensuring the helmet cover was modified to fit around it