The Universal Shroud-Light is an enhanced version of the Norotos Universal Shroud that is compatible with nearly all helmets and renown for reliable stability (ref. NSNs 5855-01-569-7751 [Tan] and 5855-01-569-7729 [Black]).
Evolving from the Anti-Wobble fortitude of Norotos’ Universal Shroud, the Universal Shroud-Light embeds a source of light into this already reliably robust platform. Enhancing previous conceptions of night vision shroud performance capacity, two banks of centrally focused lights consist of four white LEDs and two LEDs of each blue and red. This configuration provides an optically centered light pattern from the front of the helmet—eliminating the uncomfortable neck positions and continual beam adjustment of side mounted lighting systems.
Powered with a single AA battery integrated into its lower portion, the Universal Shroud-Light provides approximately 4 hours of white light at maximum brightness, followed by an automated step-down period providing a total of 14-plus hours field use. User may adjust light intensity from 4% to 100%. Low intensity significantly extends battery life and minimizes the potential for light detection by hostiles.
Avoiding break or snag potential, 2 low-profile contoured buttons located above lights provide controls for both light intensity, color selection, and safe on/off. User may quickly program which color light initially activates, always at the discrete low setting. Intelligent controllers warn the user via discrete flash alerts and light intensity reduction as battery exhaustion proceeds. While red lights will not degrade users' night vision and minimize possible detection, blue lights ensure clear fluid identification, ideal for combat medics
- Aerospace Quality Aluminum Alloy & High-Strength Impact Resistant Polymers enhance performance & durability, including water & chemical resistance
- Optically Aligned Integrated Shroud Lights follows users’ vision to illuminate eye placement
- Adjustable Variable Light Intensity with red, white, & blue beams adjustable from 4% to 100%
- Long-Run Life Exceeds 14 Hours From Full White on a single AA battery with intelligent controllers for discrete power reduction warning & management after 4 hours of full brightness
- Conformal Coating Ensures Optimal Reliability Under Extreme Humidity & Hostile Rain validated through Norotos' testing
- Advanced Anti-Wobble Stability Management System with self-stabilizing compression & high-endurance shock absorbers
- Ergonomically Enhanced Shell safeguarding attachment through extending surface area
- Tether Plug prevents accidental NVG damage from drop/disengagement, yet releases when snagged or deliberate user action
Practice makes perfect
The functions of the light take some getting used to. Holding down and pressing buttons to switch between white light, red light, and IR isn't the easiest to do while wearing gloves and with NODs mounted, so be sure to practice before taking this out into the field. It's not the brightest light, but is perfect for reading maps or working up close on a casualty. Also, it looks cool, which can't be understated.