HCC Tactical is proud to offer the (RNVG) Ruggedized Night Vision Goggle by AB Night Vision as one of our selected platforms for custom Night Vision builds.
All custom built RNVG systems with Carson Glass will meet the following:
- 10 year warranty on housing and build service
- 2376 Min FOM IITs in White Phosphor with Spec Sheets
- 11769 White Phosphor Format tubes.
- Resolution minimum 72-81 line pair
- SNR min 33
- Halo max .9
- Photoresponse minimum of 2200 micro amps per lumen or higher
- All Tubes will be within the Spot Spec Allowances per Elbit / L3 (See Images)
- Manufacturer tube warranty
- Carson Industries Eyepiece / Objective Glass
- OpFor Night Solutions Lightweight Diopters
- Collimated Tubes
- Leak Tested Housing
- Nitrogen Purge
- QC Checks
- Includes: Dovetail Riser adapter, CR123 Battery, Samara Lanyard, TNVC Expandable Storage Pouch, Vortex Optics LensPen, Lens Cloth, Cat Crap Anti-fog Paste, Bikini Covers, and one Bad Ass HCC Tactical Patch!
The RNVG is designed as the most rugged night vision goggle available. While most NVG’s are built with molded polymer housings, the RNVG features a 7075 aluminum chassis for unsurpassed rigidity and structural strength.
Familiar controls ensure ease of use. Any user familiar with PVS-14 goggles will find the controls to be intuitive. The switch and focusing functions are identical to the PVS-14. The switch has 3 positions: Off, On, and On with IR illuminator. Like the PVS-14, the switch does not cut power to the tubes when changing positions to turn the IR illuminator on. The RNVG has IR signaling capability. As a safety feature the switch knob must be pulled out to turn the IR illuminator on. An IR spot/flood adapter can be used if the user desires more range from their IR illuminator.
The RNVG is designed to work off a single 123 battery. The binocular has a battery life of over 16 hours and flashes a low battery indicator within the optics when the battery needs changing.
RNVG optics feature a full range of adjustment. The interpupillary distance is adjustable to match the users eye spacing from 51mm to 73mm. IP adjustment is accomplished with jackscrews that maintain user settings using a ball-detent method to prevent any changes due to vibration.
The RNVG was designed from the ground up to be extremely tough. When a night vision binocular is dropped and broken, it will most likely fail at the joint between the optical pods and the bridge. However, both the optical pods and bridge on the RNVG are CNC machined from solid billet 7075 aluminum to prevent breakage. This material is 36% stronger than most common steel making the RNVG the most rugged night vision goggle in production. Careful design combined with advanced machining techniques have kept the weight of the RNVG down to a very competitive level at 555 grams (without battery).
The components of the binocular are media blasted to give a non-reflective matte finish, then black anodized for durability.
- POWER SOURCE: (1) CR123 BATTERY
- FOCUS RANGE: 9.8” TO INFINITY
- OPERATION TIME: APPROXIMATELY 16 HOURS
- MAGNIFICATION: (1X) ONE POWER
- FIELD OF VIEW: 40 DEGREES
- INTERPUPILLARY ADJUSTMENT: 51 TO 73MM
- DIOPTER ADJUSTMENT: -6 TO +2
- EYE RELIEF: 25MM
- WEIGHT: 555g W/O BATTERY, 570g W/ BATTERY
- DIMENSIONS: 4.7” X 4.2” X 2.8”
- IR ILLUMINATOR: BUILT IN, ACCEPTS SPOT/FLOOD ADAPTER
- WATER RESISTANCE: SUBMERSIBLE TO 66 FT
- IR LED AND LOW BATTERY INDICATORS: YES
- INTENSIFIER TUBES: COMPATIBLE WITH MX-10160
- OPTICS: COMPATIBLE WITH PVS-14 EYEPIECE AND OBJECTIVE
- WARRANTY: 5 YEARS ON HOUSING PARTS AND SERVICE PER POLICY.