The PIM is a handheld, wireless device that allows end users to re-program the four functions of selected HEL-STAR 6® and HEL-STAR F2® models in the field including all IR functions (LE/Military Model Only for IR).
The PIM itself is programmed through a USB connection to a Windows-based computer or laptop using software that is included with and downloaded from the PIM. Setting new functions in the PIM is handled through an easy to learn, imageoriented graphical user interface.
The PIM functions wirelessly through an infrared (IR) interface with HEL-STAR® over distances of a few feet. The PIM can either re-program any or all of the four factoryinstalled functions (the NEW PGM button), or to return the HEL-STAR® to its original factory settings (the DEFAULT button).
HEL-STAR® provides visible or visible and vibratory confirmation of both program mode readiness and acceptance of the new program or default instructions. The PIM re-programming system provides various protocols and automatic time-outs to prevent inadvertent re-programming and conserve battery capacity.
- Handheld with protective cover
- Battery operated (CR123 cell)
- USB interface to computer/laptop
- Infrared (IR) re-programming interface
- Integral, downloadable software
- Integral, downloadable instructions
- ON/OFF switch with auto time-out
- NEW PGM button for new functions
- DEFAULT button for factory settings
- Easy to learn graphical user interface