Designed for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps aviators, the Massif® Balaclava fits comfortably under flight helmets utilizing Massif® HotJohns® fabric.
If you didn’t know, the name Balaclava comes from their use at the Battle of Balaclava by the Brits during the Crimean War, referring to the town near Sevastopol in the Crimea. Massif designed the version of this versatile piece of gear utilizing outstanding Massif® HotJohns® fabric to maximize warmth & breathability.
With strategically placed seams for improved usability, flat stitching, and stitched anchors at the ear seams for added strength, the Massif Balaclava is super functional and so comfortable you’ll forget you have it on.
- Full flame-resistant construction with proprietary 4-way stretch Massif® fabric
- Excellent moisture management
- Lightweight performance fit maximizes comfort
- Can be worn in a number of positions depending on your need
- Highly compressible
- Soft next-to-skin
- Neck Gaiter, Face Mask, & Full Hood Configurations
- Available in Black & Coyote Tan
- All fabrics pass the stringent ASTM D6413-F2302 performance specification for flame resistance