HEL-STAR 6® SWIR offers the full capabilities of HEL-STAR 6® Gen III in multiple visible and infrared spectrums. This advanced personnel marker is designed for helmet-mounting for airborne, MFF, and ground tactical operations. Available in tan or black.
This Product is subject to ITAR/EAR Export Controls. Please visit our ITAR/EAR page (click here) or Contact Us for more Information.
HEL-STAR 6® SWIR contains four user-defined functions in two selectable operating modes in virtually any combination of white, green, red, blue and two independent IR wavelengths, including three SWIR options. Each function is user-defined in either steady, flashing or IFF coded operation.
Field reprogramming option is available upon request. Requires the purchase of a Programming Interface Module (PIM).
- Spectrum Options - Visible (White, Green, Red, Blue), NIR (890nm) and SWIR (1064nm, 1300nm or 1550nm)
- Safety - Unique battery access design provides a snag-free profile on all sides. Primary Velcro® attachment provides emergency peel-away to reduce potential for injury.
- Visibility - Omni-directional. Intensities can be scaled up or down for special requirements. White flash exceeds FAA 3-statute mile parachuting requirement.
- Simple, Secure Operation - Switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved-hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned. Mode selection switch design options provide operational flexibility or strong security between overt and covert operating modes.
- Operating Extremes - HEL-STAR 6® SWIR is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet). Optional screw closure for battery door is available for diving operations. Every unit is waterproof tested at final inspection—without screw closure.
- Operating Status Awareness - Switch design provides visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating status with no guesswork; visual confirmation prevents inadvertent battery discharge in the IR operating mode.
- Versatility - “Attach Patch” series of secure helmet, MOLLE, and equipment attachment means including self-adhesive, sew-on, tie-down, and loop-around.
- Battery - The single CR123 cell can be replaced in the field.
- Field Reprogramming - Color/spectrum flash rate, and light intensity can be reprogrammed with a wireless handheld device (PIM). A default feature returns the unit back to original factory settings.