HEL-STAR 5 EXO
Don’t like the price?Contact Us
The HEL-STAR 5 EXO® is a helmet mounted, tactical light designed for MFF and other airborne applications, ground tactical, SAR, K9 and other confined space operations. Its helmet-friendly design significantly improves upon its predecessor the HEL-STAR 5® with increased visibility, durability and water resistance. Other improvements include a decrease in weight and, a noticeably smaller footprint.
Its three user defined operating functions come in a variety of colors and IR, as well as flash rates, (including Morse Code & NATO Flash) and select light intensity options. The HEL-STAR 5 EXO® is a versatile personnel marker light developed for multiple military and tactical operations, retaining the original low-profile design required by users.
The no-snag Velcro® interface provides an emergency peel-away safety feature thus reducing potential interference with parachute risers. User friendly tactile sliding switches can be easily operated with a gloved-hand in the blind while the helmet is donned.
The HEL-STAR 5 EXO’s built-in security design features a quick switch deactivation, along with a positive confirmation that the unit is OFF to prevent inadvertent battery drain. For additional peace of mind, users have both a positive visual and tactile confirmation when moving between the ON/OFF and function modes.
The White and Green functions both meet FAA 3-statute mile requirements and the new LED element gives users significantly improved lateral visibility and overall brightness, increasing situational awareness and safety.
The field-replaceable lithium 123 battery (no tools needed) provides longevity in extreme temperature conditions. The HEL-STAR 5 EXO® has been waterproof tested to 66 feet for underwater operations.
- Versatility - Three user-defined functions in White, Green, Red, Blue and/or IR (flashing, coded, or steady) in various intensities.
- Safety - Low, no-snag profile. Velcro attachment provides an emergency break-away feature.
- Operation - Detented sliding switches operate in the blind and provide tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating mode.
- Visibility - White flash meets FAA 3 statute mile requirements; redesigned LED element provides full 180 degree side-visibility.
- Waterproof - Designed for waterproof operation at 66 feet plus.
- Helmet Friendly - Smaller footprint; 20 grams lighter than original design.
- Battery - Replaceable lithium C123 cell; no tools are required.
- Field Reprogramming Capability - Available as an option. Requires Program Interface Module (PIM) and access to a laptop.
Thank you for submitting a review!
Your input is very much appreciated. Share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too!