The HEL-STAR 5 EXO® is a helmet mounted, tactical light designed for MFF and other airborne applications, ground tactical, SAR, K9 and other confined space operations. Its helmet-friendly design significantly improves upon its predecessor the HEL-STAR 5® with increased visibility, durability and water resistance. Other improvements include a decrease in weight and, a noticeably smaller footprint.
Its three user defined operating functions come in a variety of colors and IR, as well as flash rates, (including Morse Code & NATO Flash) and select light intensity options. The HEL-STAR 5 EXO® is a versatile personnel marker light developed for multiple military and tactical operations, retaining the original low-profile design required by users.
The no-snag Velcro® interface provides an emergency peel-away safety feature thus reducing potential interference with parachute risers. User friendly tactile sliding switches can be easily operated with a gloved-hand in the blind while the helmet is donned.
The HEL-STAR 5 EXO’s built-in security design features a quick switch deactivation, along with a positive confirmation that the unit is OFF to prevent inadvertent battery drain. For additional peace of mind, users have both a positive visual and tactile confirmation when moving between the ON/OFF and function modes.
The White and Green functions both meet FAA 3-statute mile requirements and the new LED element gives users significantly improved lateral visibility and overall brightness, increasing situational awareness and safety.
The field-replaceable lithium 123 battery (no tools needed) provides longevity in extreme temperature conditions. The HEL-STAR 5 EXO® has been waterproof tested to 66 feet for underwater operations.
- Versatility - Three user-defined functions in White, Green, Red, Blue and/or IR (flashing, coded, or steady) in various intensities.
- Safety - Low, no-snag profile. Velcro attachment provides an emergency break-away feature.
- Operation - Detented sliding switches operate in the blind and provide tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating mode.
- Visibility - White flash meets FAA 3 statute mile requirements; redesigned LED element provides full 180 degree side-visibility.
- Waterproof - Designed for waterproof operation at 66 feet plus.
- Helmet Friendly - Smaller footprint; 20 grams lighter than original design.
- Battery - Replaceable lithium C123 cell; no tools are required.
- Field Reprogramming Capability - Available as an option. Requires Program Interface Module (PIM) and access to a laptop.
This product is low pro and has a nice easy 3 led function design
Cant thank you guys enough for how fast your response time was on this let alone how your product performs. Its been clicking right along during these sand storms while other brands fail. Keep up the good work!
We used IR markers in the military to gain the tactical advantage over the enemy and also to discern who was friend or foe. This will serve its purpose if I ever need it.
I would definitely buy again.
The product was great, and I have had our running night ops and ranges with the system. They only draw back was that the tan unit came with black Velcro to mount to the helmet.