In development for three years, Heatsync is the answer to countless customer requests to make headset use more bearable in hot weather. Every detail, from material selection, pattern shape, seam type, wire material and thickness, fabric color, and more have all been meticulously considered, tested, and verified for professional use. Through experimentation, we also can confirm that the Heatsync solves another important issue: during extreme cold weather use, the cover provides an insulative barrier between the freezing cold rubber ear pads and the user's face. Finally, the Heatsync's proprietary fabrics are pleasing to the touch and add a noticeable amount of comfort versus rubber ear pads. Adding our Heatsync covers will be a significant upgrade to your headset.
We have tested this cover on most headsets from Peltor®, Howard Leight®, Bose®, Lightspeed®, Sordin®, Walker's Game Ear®, and many other brands, and we believe it is a universal fit, with very few exceptions (see below). If you have larger ears or wear bulky ear plugs or use hearing aids, there is no need to worry: a stainless steel expanding spring is included to lock the Heatsync cover to the inside of each cup on the headset and keep the ear cavity fully open and comfortable. An elastic band also runs along the outside of the cover to keep things secure and tidy. For more permanent installation, there's also a hole on either side of the cover that allows the headband retaining arm to pierce through and keep the Heatsync locked in place (for nearly every headset, excepting Sordin and Peltor Optime). Installation is very fast, simple, and reversible, with no evidence of the cover ever being attached.
On some Liberator®, Sordin®, SWATCOM®, and Invisio® T5 products, the holes that allow the headband retaining arm to pierce through and keep the cover locked in place are not usable due to those headsets prohibiting the removal of the wire headband. Electronic cables are routed through the retaining arms that the headband wire attaches to, so there does not appear to be a workaround. By relying on our stainless steel expanding springs and elastic band, the cover will still be perfectly stable during use.
Regarding the Ops-Core® AMP headset, we have received reports from customers that they are unhappy with the fit of the Heatsync design when used with the thin, foam-filled, factory-supplied ear pads. The volume buttons are partially covered and the fit of the top of the Heatsync cover does not present a professional appearance. After testing, we concur and do not recommend Heatsync use with the factory ear pads. However, the addition of thicker, gel-filled ear pads (at least 0.625" thick, like our Sightlines gel ear pads) does present both a professional appearance and ensure that the volume buttons are properly exposed for normal use. In addition, during installation, the AMP's headband strap tabs are difficult to insert through the Heatsync's outer leather band; we recommend cutting four small slits around the circumference of the existing perforations in order to allow the tabs to more easily pass through. Altogether, we consider Heatsync installation on AMP as difficult.
- WICKS SWEAT OUT FROM THE INSIDE OF THE HEADSET AND COOLS YOU DOWN USING THE EVAPORATIVE PROCESS
- ELIMINATES THE SLIMY FEELING FROM WEARING WET RUBBER EAR PADS AGAINST THE HEAD IN HOT WEATHER
- INSULATES IN COLD WEATHER BY PROVIDING A BARRIER BETWEEN THE FACE AND RUBBER EAR PADS
- AN INNOVATIVE DESIGN AND MATERIAL SELECTION PROVIDES BOTH ANTIMICROBIAL PROPERTIES AND A SECURE, COMFORTABLE FIT, EVEN FOR THOSE WITH LARGER EARS
- APPEARS TO FIT NEARLY EVERY HEADSET ON THE MARKET THAT USES 4 X 3" OVAL OR RECTANGULAR EAR PADS; SEE WARNING ABOUT OPS-CORE AMP BELOW
- WORKS PERFECTLY WELL IN CONJUNCTION WITH EITHER GEL OR FOAM EAR PADS AND ADDITIONALLY ALLOWS GLASSES ARMS TO SLIDE THROUGH THE RELIEF CUTS ON OUR SIGHTLINES EAR PADS
- ONE PAIR (TWO PIECES) HEATSYNC FABRIC COVER
- NO HEADSET NOR ANY OTHER PRODUCT IS INCLUDED
- BLACK OR COYOTE BROWN
- 5 YEARS
- COMPLIANT WITH THE BERRY AMENDMENT
- MADE IN THE U.S.A.
- For Howard Leight Impact Sport / Pro and clone headsets
- For Walker's Game Ear Razor and similar headsets
- For Peltor ComTac, Sport Tactical, Rangeguard, and similar headsets
- For Sordin, SWATCOM, Invisio, Safariland/TCI, and similar headsets
For Peltor Optime headsets
They are ok
Difficult to put on. Still haven’t figured it out
Hello. Do you still require assistance installing these on your headset?