The Avon fire hardened FM54 Air Purifying Respirator provides Specialist Operators maximum level of protection to the face, eyes and respiratory tract from Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN), Riot Agents, Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICS) and Toxic Industrial Materials while maintaining extreme user flexibility as mission profiles change.
NOTE: VPU Not Included, must be purchased separately. Does not include filters.
HCC Tactical will send you a mobile friendly DocuSign form to easily upload your credentials for purchase.
The FM54 functions in both negative and positive pressure modes (APR, SCBA, CCBA and PAPR). The enhanced, robust lever located on the VREU (Variable Resistance Exhalation Unit), switches mode from positive to negative pressure without removal of optional VPU (Voice Projection Unit) or loss of protection.
Ideally suited for the following applications; Special Response Teams, Law Enforcement, Clandestine Drug Lab, Entry & Remediation, Bomb Squads, First Responders, SWAT / ERT Teams, Civil Support Teams, Chemical Spill Clean-up and Bio Identification & Clean-up.
Field of View
- Panoramic single lens visor
- Optically correct visor
- Scratch Resistant
- 4 sizes to accommodate all operators
- Low profile brow for superior helmet compatibility
- Interchangeable silicone nosecups for custom fit
- Electronic Communication Port for integrated voice projection and radio communication
- Optional VPU provides ability to easily communicate while wearing mask
- Ruggedized integrated mode selector
- Functions as both a negative and positive pressure mask
- Robust lever enables easy switching between modes
CBRN Agent Resistance
Mustard Vapour (HD)
Mustard Liquid (HD)
|36 hours||> 36 hours|
|Laboratory protection factor performance (sodium chloride)||Requirement||FM54 Performance|
|Re-breathed CO2||< 1%|
|Inhalation Resistance||30 L/Min
|< 5 mm WG
< 12 mm WG
< 23 mm WG
|Exhalation Resistance negative pressure mode||85 L/Min
|< 8 mm WG
< 12 mm WG
|FM54 mask (excluding filter||<0.65 kb (1.43 lbs)|
|Field of View|
|Visual Field Score
(NIOSH CBRN Standard)
|FM54 Mask||Chlorobutyl / Silicone rubber & Polyurethane|
|Drinking flow rate||230 mL/min|
- Type-examination approval: PPE Regulation 2016/425/EU - Module B: Certificate CE 684839
- NIOSH CBRN APR certified: TC- 14G-0327
NIOSH approved 42 CFR 84 CS/CN/P100: TC-14G-0342