The Ops-Core FAST® SF Helmet is a tactical ballistic helmet made for high performance in the toughest combat environments. With a super high cut shell made of a lightweight composite of cutting-edge Carbon, Unidirectional Polyethylene, and woven Aramid, the FAST SF is designed for ultimate protection. The unique shell geometry delivers critical coverage while optimizing balance and stability, integration capabilities, and user comfort.
The Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) reduces snag hazards and interference with the high cut ballistic helmet, and carabiner clips allow for easily attaching and stabilizing NVGs. Integrate other Ops-Core helmet accessories, including communication headsets, Super High Cut Skeleton Rails, and more, with the FAST SF for a complete protective lightweight headborne system that prioritizes protection, ease of use and user comfort.
- Ballistic shell made of a hybrid composite of the most advanced Carbon, Unidirectional Polyethylene and woven Aramid.
- High performance evolution of the Ops-Core FAST MT Super High Cut Helmet, with an 8% weight reduction, while maintaining compatibility with FAST head borne accessories.
- Super high cut shell geometry extends critical coverage over the rear occipital bone without load carrier interference, and optimizes weight distribution for increased stability, integration, balance, and improved comfort.
- Ear cut geometry is 16 mm higher than the FAST XP High Cut shell shape, allowing for clearance of larger communication headsets.
- Super High Cut Skeleton Rails offer lower profile with a 30% weight reduction from FAST MT Super High Cut Rails.
- Features a lightweight Modular Bungee Shroud (MBS) which reduces snag hazards and interference. Carabiner clips improve NVG retention and stability.
- Molded liner features proprietary recessed groove, accommodating over-the-head communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort, and ability to doff and don helmet without removing the headset.
- Vented Lux Liner features expanded polypropylene (EPP) liner, offering enhanced impact protection, and molded-in vent holes are integrated with the shell to provide increased airflow and reduce heat stress.
- Helmets come standard with right eye dominant retention (buckle on left). A left eye dominant retention (buckle on right) is available for the Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner - Low Profile Occ-Dial kit, and Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner - H-Nape kit, which can be purchased separately.
Suspension and Retention:
The Ops-Core Vented Lux Liner is a suspension system that combines a one-piece full coverage impact layer with modular breathable comfort pads that can be customized and repositioned for comfort without affecting impact performance.
- Vented Lux Liner with H-Nape Chinstrap
- Vented Lux Liner with Low Profile OCC-Dial Fitband
Testing Protocols and Design:
- Modified and Abbreviated Family of Tactical Headborne Systems, dated June 30th 2017 Ops-Core Performance Specification FAST SF PS-1228
- NIJ Standards: NIJ 0106.01 with NIJ 0108.01 Level IIIA (9mm FMJ @1,400 ft/s) Threats
Performance Specification*: Modified and Abbreviated Family of Tactical Headborne Systems, dated June 30th 2017; Ops-Core Performance Specification FAST SF PS-1228
NIJ Standards: NIJ 0106.01 with NIJ 0108.01 Level IIIA (9mm FMJ @ 1,400 ft/s) Threat
- Ballistic Testing: *Not all suspension/retention options are tested to full stated standards.
** 9mm is V0 tested at this velocity with Backface Transient Deformation (BTD) under 23.4mm (Crown), 27.1mm (Sides), 29mm (Front), and 19.1mm (Rear) when tested on multi-sized clay-filled headfroms in accordance with the USSOCOM FTHS Specification.
Blunt Impact Protection: 150 g’s maximum at 10 ft/s. Maximum allowable dent 0.023”
Compression Testing: Top-Bottom = .020” (0.51 mm) Max @ 400 lbs. (181.44 kg), Side-Side = .125” (3.18 mm) Max @ 300 lbs. (136.08 kg) lbs.
Environmental Resistance: Temperature -Storage and Operating at Ambient, Cold -60° F (-51° C), and Hot +160° F (71° C), Temperature Shock, Flame Resistance, Altitude, Seawater, Field Agent Resistance, Weatherometer
- Shell Construction: Two-Stage Non Slit
- Available Sizes: Medium (M), Large (L), X-Large (XL), XX-Large (XXL)
- Areal Density: 1.22 lbs/ft2 (5957 g/m2)
- Shell Thickness: 0.220” (5.58mm)
- Shell Geometry (Curvature): FAST
- Cut Style (Side Protection): High Cut
Fantastic service….and helmet!
Guys, stop reading this, just buy your gear from HCC Tactical. Be happy and free!
The Ops Core fast SF is the gold standard for helmets. The best….
Best helmet I’ve ever used!
First off I have to say this is the best helmet I’ve ever worn. I was in The Marines during early OEF and we had bulky buckets with stiff *** pads that were hard as **** on your head during long patrols. Straight out of the box this helmet was a night and day difference from what I was issued. Super light weight and insanely comfortable. With that being said I’m giving my 5 stars based on those 2 conditions right off the bat. However, I did order a large helmet and had to change out the opscore liner system and retention system, and switch it to the Team Wendy cloud line pads and buy a TW strap. Because I had the opscore unit maxed out and even with it maxed out my jaw was becoming fatigued, and the chinstrap hole didn’t allow for my chin to set properly in the hole. After the switch, the helmet is even more comfortable then before and the strap fits perfectly. I will update the review after I run this on the range. I have only been using it while dry firing, and need to rattle test it. But overall I would recommend this, just get Team Wendy guts for your helmet.
Great fit and very well made. When it comes to protecting your head Ops Core delivers. Can not go wrong with these helmets.
Light, great helmet
Awesome helmet, Wilcox G-24 mount locks securely on shroud. Only issue was I bought the wrong size. I went off measurements from Gentex/Ops Core website. Hopefully no issues with getting the right size and exchange through HCC. HCC is squared away on previous orders.