The CHLK™ Belt Kit is a revolutionary approach to the modern battle belt – able to act as a low profile pistol belt or a full capacity MOLLE belt kit. CHLK - short for "Combat Helo Load Rated Kit" - was designed and built around the needs of the helicopter assaulters. They needed a belt kit that was super low profile with fewer snag liabilities and load rated to be able to 'clip in' and provide life saving tethering to the aircraft.
Your waist is not a barrel. Ever notice how your favorite, old leather belt has a well established curve when you lay it on a table? That's why it fits so well. With the CHLK Belt, we designed and sewn the belt already with this
Load Rated Tether Points & Buckle
Designed for the airborne units that double their war belts as safetey equipment - the CHLK Belt - Combat Helo Load Rated Kit - has two semi-rigid tether points at the rear and the front left. Mil-spec load rated webbing spans the circumfrance and connects with a battle proven AustriAplin COBRA Buckle that will exceed the requirements for harness equipment.
The outer belt is fully MOLLE compatible with MOLLEminus™ technology using slots instead of traditional webbing. The outer belt securely attaches to the inner belt with a hook and loop interface along with a load rated COBRA™ buckle. Two external tether points – one on the front and one on the rear – allow the user to clip into a safety line when needed. The Lightweight MOLLEminus Belt is produced with a curve very similar to a worn leather belt for greater comfort and to eliminate unnatural ‘ride up’ with a flat produced war belt.
The Belt Kit starts with an inner belt that is worn weaving through your pant loops and is reversible to be pattern matched and can be worn as a standalone pistol belt.
Fully MOLLE Compatible
The CHLK Belt uses MOLLEminus precision laser cut slots can support a wide range of pouches with varying attachments - from MOLLE compatible Helium Whisper Attachment System, traditional MOLLE straps, clips, or belt mounted pouches and holsters. With three "rows" pouches can be mounted at different heights for ease of access and comfort.
- Best Use: Tactical
- Belt Style: MOLLE Attachment
- Frame Type: Internal Frame
- Gear Capacity (LB): 3500lbs load rating (Static)
- Weight: 12.5 ounces
- Fits Waist/Hips: 30-44
- Material(s): Rigid Composite Laminate, ULTRAcomp™ laminate, TEX 70 bonded nylon thread, and Tubular webbing
- Frame Material: Rigid Composite Laminate
- MOLLE Slots: 3x22 to 3x30 depending on size
- Hydration Compatible: Yes
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 12.25 x 12.5 inches
- Teather Capable: Yes
- Additional Features: Molle compatible Molleminus field, Dapper compatible loop lining in main and front compartments
AVOID DISSAPPOINTMENT – HOW TO SIZE
The CHLK Belt was sized similar to the Crye Precision G3 Combat Pant and NOT your typical jeans or pants size. Avoid disappointment and the delay in returning your CHLK Belt for a different size that could potentially be out of stock.
How to Get Your Correct Belt Size
- Put on your duty pants or equivalent
- Take your pants belt and wrap it around your waist where your belt loops are
- Guide the tail of the belt over the tip of the buckle and mark the spot with your finger or a piece of tape, where the belt meets the buckle at its tightest point
- Lay your belt on a table and measure with a tape measure from the tip of the buckle to the marked spot
- Find you’re the range of your specific measurement and then order the size to the right of that.
Overall, the belt exceeded my expectations. I only have two small things. 1: I wish there was a metal D-Ring on or near the buckle. 2: The sizing chart says to go up if you're close or unsure on a size. Do not go up. The way the belt is designed, it can only be tightened to a certain size and cannot go tighter. If you were close to the edge, like me, the belt might fit loosely forever.
Great belt. Solidly built and fits my needs. I bought two of them days apart and shipping was quick.