The L3Harris BNVD-1531, the newest addition to our extensive portfolio of Image-Intensification (I2) systems, combines the most-desired features from the rugged, battle-proven AN/PVS-15 and AN/PVS-31 to deliver additional capability to the warfighter in a small, lightweight package.
This rroduct is subject to ITAR/EAR Export Controls. Please visit our ITAR/EAR page (click here) or contact us for more Information.
The 1531 is the result of the L3Harris focus on continuous product improvements in the areas of size, weight, performance and power consumption. The 1531 offers a lightweight, ergonomic design similar to the AN/PVS-31 but with significant weight reduction over the AN/PVS-15. It also incorporates features such as: adjustable diopters, manual gain adjustment, individually rotating monoculars and an integrated infrared illuminator. The 1531 can be operated as a helmet-mounted, head-mounted or handheld system and is field maintainable with limited equipment.
The 1531 is provided with high-performance, Gen III image intensifiers manufactured by L3Harris. They feature auto-gating power supplies and are available in green (P43) or white phosphor (P45) at performance levels ranging from 1600 to greater than 2376 Figure of Merit. The L3Harris white phosphor technology provides the warfighter with greater target detection and recognition. Low-light and nighttime maneuvers appear more natural in black and white, with added contrast detail in shapes and shadows, providing the operator more visual information for assessment and acquisition. The 1531 is the best-value solution to deliver night vision capability that is interchangeable across multiple operators.
- 2376 Min FOM L3 IITs
- Includes Gen III I2 tubes with auto-gated technology to prevent damage in high-light environments
- High-performance white phosphor image with enhanced degree of detail in overall contrast and range of shades while providing the operator with more visual information for accurate assessment and acquisition
- Manual system gain and focus adjustments for custom image quality optimization
- Lightweight ergonomic design reduces head-borne weight and decreases neck strain
- Adjustable diopter eyepieces allows use by operators with differing visual acuity
- Integrated infrared illuminator for map reading
- Rotating binocular design allows low profile against helmet when in stowed position and the option to use as a single monocular
- Works with currently fielded dovetail helmet mounts
- Auto OFF when stowed; resumes power when deployed
- LED indicators in left and right monocular alert the operator when the BNVD has no less than 10 minutes of battery life remaining
- Replaceable/upgradeable I2 tube assemblies
- Soft Carry Case, Demist Shields, Sacrificial Windows, IR Spot/Flood Lens, Dovetail Mounting Adapter, Lens Tissue, (2) AA Batteries, Operatorʼs Manual & Card, Neck Cord, Eyecups and Retaining Lens Covers.
- Battery Pack Kit and Cable
4.6 in. L x 4.5 in. W x 3.6 in. H
< 560 g (1.23 lb.) with AA Lithium battery installed and adjustable diopter (no accessories)
(1) AA Lithium
≥ 16 hrs. avg. at 25 °C (77 °F)
≥ 50 hrs. avg. at 25 °C (77 °F) on (4) AA Lithium batteries with optional 4-cell battery pack
40° ± 2° deg. (circular)
10 in. (25 cm ±3 cm) to infinity
Adjustable from +2.0 to -6.0
U.S. manufactured MX-11769 Gen III variable gain tubes