The Wilcox G24 Lite NVG Helmet Mount is a hybrid of the renowned G24 and lightweight G69 mounts. The G24 Lite utilizes the lightweight travel carriage of the G69 mount (which does not contain magnets) for a 12% weight savings, while maintaining durability for rigorous use. The Wilcox G24 Lite weighs 5.19 ounces, in comparison to 5.86-5.91 of the non Lite model. The magnets used in the non Lite model work with the Wilcox auto off J Arm to allow for the auto off function when a PVS-14 is put to stow. This arm has been discontinued; for the vast majority of all other devices commonly used and other mounting solutions used, the magnets serve no purpose and only contribute to total weight.
With a dovetail shoe interface, the G24 Lite offers near universal mounting compatibility. During the G24 Lite’s initial development, extensive operational input was considered and since it’s initial fielding, millions of operational hours have established operator muscle memory. Pioneering the “break away” feature, safety is built into this mount’s design; Under stress, the mount will break away from the base, reducing the potential for neck injury. The G24 Lite maintains the same extended travel distance as the standard current generation G24 line of mounts.
BREAKAWAY NIGHT VISION GOGGLE MOUNT
Features & Benefits:
Dovetail shoe interface securely locks NVG’s into place.
- Breakaway feature reduces the risk of neck injury.
- Ergonomical adjustments allow for one handed operation.
- Maintains a very low-profile on the helmet.
- Rail interface & extended models available.
- Developed & battle proven by U.S. & NATO SOF.
- Backed by Wilcox's 5 year warranty
This NVG Mounting System is unique that it provides two modes of operation.
The first mode allows the mount to "break away" from the base under a stressed condition, such as when prompted by interference during fast roping, maritime operations, hard impact or when entering or exiting mobility platforms. Without the Wilcox breakaway feature, the potential for induced neck injury and NVG breakage are increased.
The second mode allows the Universal NVG Mount to securely lock the mount to the base.
The Wilcox L4 G24 Lite NVG Mounting Systems Product Line is featured with a wide range of adjustments to customize the position of the Night Vision Goggle for proper eye position, and provide a maximum low profile position to the helmet.
- Dimensions (Operational) 3.98” L x 2.60” W x 2.40” H
- Weight (5.19 oz)
- Material Construction: Light Weight, Aerospace Grade Metal
- Accommodates NVG AN/PVS-7B and 14 (Both Require Optional Hardware), 7A, 7C, 15, and 18
- Vertical Height Adjustment: .900” Total Travel
- Fore/Aft Travel: 1.40” Total Travel
- Finite Tilt: 0 - 15 Degrees