The HEL-STAR 4 EXO® is a helmet mounted, tactical light designed for MFF and other airborne applications, ground tactical, SAR, K9 and other confined space operations. It significantly improves upon its predecessor the HEL-STAR 4® with increased visibility, durability, water resistance and size. Its two operating functions can be user defined in a variety of colors and IR, as well as flash rates and light intensity options.
As a personnel marker light developed for multiple military and tactical operations, it retains the original low-profile design required by users. The Velcro® interface provides an emergency peel-away safety feature thus reducing potential interference with parachute risers. User friendly tactile sliding switches can be easily operated with a gloved-hand in the blind while the helmet is donned. The HEL-STAR 4 EXO’s built-in security design features a quick switch deactivation, along with a positive confirmation that the unit is OFF to prevent inadvertent battery drain. For additional peace of mind, users have both a positive visual and tactile confirmation when moving between the ON/OFF and function modes.
The White and Green functions both meet FAA 3-statute mile requirements and the new LED element gives users significantly improved lateral visibility and overall brightness, increasing situational awareness and safety. The field-replaceable lithium 123 battery (no tools needed) provides longevity in extreme temperature conditions. The HEL-STAR 4 EXO® has been waterproof tested to 66 feet for underwater operations.
- Safety - Velcro interface provides an emergency peel-away feature reducing potential for injury caused by interference with parachute risers.
- Security - Positive visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and function status. One touch turns the unit OFF. Positive confirmation of OFF avoids inadvertent ON status in the IR mode.
- Simplicity - The tactile sliding switches can be operated with a gloved-hand in the blind with the helmet donned.
- Visibility—White flash meets FAA 3-statute mile requirements; redesigned LED element provides full 180 degree side-visibility.
- Field Reprogramming Capability—Available as an option. Requires Program Interface Module (PIM) and access to a laptop.
- Long Life / Extreme Conditions - Powered by a field-replaceable lithium 123 cell for long life and excellent cold temperature operation.
- Waterproof - Designed for waterproof operation at 66 feet plus.