The Ops-Core® Special Operations Tactical Respirator (SOTR) is a half-mask respirator designed to provide protection against a wide range of oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants encountered by Special Operations forces during training and in operational environments. The Ops-Core SOTR offers 99.97% (NIOSH P100) filtration efficiency against airborne particulates including lead, asbestos, fentanyl, lubricant mist, and explosive gunfire residue. The low profile design offers protection without interfering with operator’s tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) and seamlessly interfaces with weapon systems for optimal effectiveness. Includes easy to adjust suspension straps to be worn with our without a helmet. Also available with or without a microphone (compatible with standard ground communications headsets) to enable radio communications.
- Offers at least 99.97% (NIOSH P100) filtration efficiency against airborne particulates including Lead, Asbestos, lubricant mist, and explosive gunfire residue
- Can be integrated to use a microphone and comms cable to attach to most tactical headset for communications use (Mic Upgraded Model)
- Seamlessly integrates with NVGs and other eye protection products, as well as over the ear hearing protection products
- Two exhalation valves for easier breathing
- Easy to adjust suspension straps suspension straps to be worn with or without a helmet
- Flexible and lightweight silicone face piece with a wide, wraparound, and pleated design to enable the respirator to fit to a large variety of facial types
- Front mounted inhalation valves and cartridge ports for an enhanced field-of-vision and a quick one-handed filter change
- Head harness
- Helmet (velcro style) harness
- 2 Filter Assembly (P100)
- Microphone (Mic Upgraded Model)
- U-173 2 pin Comms Cable (Mic Upgraded Model)
I was looking for a legit source to buy a SOTR because it's very easy to get ripped off with this kind of stuff. HCC puts their DUNS and CAGE code right on the website so you can verify them. I emailed to find out of they had any of these in stock ready to ship and they got back to me quickly. I ordered on the weekend and they shipped that day. Honestly couldn't ask for better service. They've also been very responsive with my questions, I plan to buy an AMP headset from them if they ever come back in stock. As for the SOTR, it fits well, it's comfortable, breathing is restricted, which will happen with anything that has valves and filters and such. I imagine when I get more used to it, it'll get easier to breathe, very well built, it's ops core, batterfield tested by the military, I have not had a chance to try out the mic yet, but I will when I get the ops core AMP headset.
Super quick and easy, I'm surprised they had them in stock. Great product
Mask and filter are well constructed. Easy to breath during sprints and overall good seal when properly adjusted. Can get hot depending on level of exertion and environment. Fit well with an Mtek and nods. Customer service was stellar. Called ahead to verify stock and was told it would be a few weeks before my order could be fulfilled. Appreciate that level of honesty. Ended up getting it earlier than expected. Well done gents
Overall it was very good, a fairly comfortable mask to wear for a few hours. I would say that the mic did end up rubbing against the front of my lower lip and at the end of the training session I was pretty sore. It was a hot day and I noticed that against my shaved face it started to get a little slippery, but there was no issue with it moving around that it got in the way. It did take a little getting used to but overall it was easy to breath through, and helped mitigate a lot of the blowback from my rifle. Handy to have during covid too since it completely prevented my shooting glasses from fogging up opposed to my brethren who were wearing cloth masks.