The Ops-Core® FAST XR helmet is part of the FAST ballistic protection helmet family. Its innovative, lightweight design resists penetration of up to a 7.62x39mm lead core round and protects against Level IIIA / HG2 Handgun projectiles and frag, at a weight of 2.81lbs (Large). The FAST XR integrates into Ops-Core’s total headborne system solutions which include situational awareness, optics, and respiratory protection.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- Lightweight design capable of resisting a 7.62x39mm lead core projectile.
- High cut, ballistic shell made of a hybrid composite of the most advanced carbon, unidirectional polyethylene, and woven Aramid.
- High cut shell geometry extends critical coverage over the rear occipital lobe without load carrier interference and optimizes weight distribution for increased stability, integration, balance, and improved comfort.
- Low Profile Skeleton Rail system offers a lightweight mounting system for the headborne ecosystem.
- Molded liner features proprietary recessed channel, accommodating over-the-head communications headsets with no interference or user discomfort, and ability to doff and don helmet without removing the headset.02
CHARACTERISTICS, COVERAGE & WEIGHT
Coverage & Weight