A mission configurable version of the ACH style Gentex TBH-IIIA Helmet System, the TBH-IIIA MC Helmet System is capable of integrating a broad range of organic and third-party system components that enhance survivability and increase situational awareness.
The Ops-Core Skeleton Shroud and Accessory Rail Connectors (ARC) provide the foundation for true system level performance, while the Ops-Core retention and suspension systems deliver immediate improvement in overall stability and comfort. The end result is an affordable ACH-based variant of the broadly adopted Ops-Core FAST helmet line used by the Special Forces worldwide.
- Shell made of a Woven Aramid monolithic composite.
- Maximum coverage offers protection against handgun, fragmentation, blunt force trauma, compression and environmental threats.
- Features an Ops-Core 3-Point Skeleton™ Shroud for universal capability with most NVG mounts, Accessory Rail Connectors (ARCs) with hook bungees, and external VELCRO® brand loop.
- Scalable design allows for compatibility with Ops-Core visors, mandibles, handgun face shields, and ballistic appliques.
- Available with thre combination suspension/retention options.
- Helmets come standard with right eye dominant retention (buckle on left). A left eye dominant retention (buckle on right) is available for the Ops-Core Head-Loc 4-Point Chinstrap - H-Nape only, which can be purchased separately.
- Other colors available by special request.
- Gentex Special Threat Testing (STT) Protocol against Makarov 9mm x 18mm 105gr Steel Jacket Lead Core (SJLC) at 1017 fps
- Gentex STT Protocol against Tokarev 7.62mm x 25mm 86gr SJLC at 1475 fps
- Modified and Abbreviated US Marine Corps MICH Type II Helmet FQ/PD 06-35C FAT No.2 21 OCT 2013 Specification*
- NIJ Standard: Modified and Abbreviated NIJ Standard 0106.01 Ballistic Helmets using NIJ Standard 0108.01 Ballistic Materials Level IIIA Threats (9mm 124gr FMJ RN at 1400 fps and .44 Cal Magnum 240gr SWCGC at 1400 fps)
*Team Wendy Pad Kit is the only combination suspension/retention option tested to the full US Marine Corps MICH Type II Helmet FQ/PD 06-35C FAT No.2 21 OCT 2013 Specification