The ST53 combines Avon Protection's FM53 mask technology with an advanced modular breathing apparatus to provide positive pressure SCBA and/or PAPR capability for specialist operations.
Developed with the unknown elements of a threat scenario in mind, the ST53™ is the most advanced CBRN respiratory solution on the market. It enables a fast response to changing operational conditions in one complete modular system.
A switch between negative (filter) and positive (SCBA) pressure is achieved at the flick of a lever on the front of the mask. And by attaching a short or long duration compressed air cylinder, it is possible to enter a location on filter mode, assess the situation and change to SCBA mode if the need arises.
Compact Demand Valve (CDV)
- 1st breath activated for “instant on”
- Rugged, compact design delivers high flow rates
- Screw-on-design allows for DIN 40 thread
Gauge & Whistle
- Located on shoulder straps for easy access
- Positioned for high noise environments and easy gauge reading
- Illuminated gauge for low-light situations
- Ergonomically contoured backframe for comfort
- Adjustable harness allows for quick donning / doffing
- Padded shoulder straps for comfort
- Black low profile design
- Lightweight compared to traditional SCBA units
- Silent operation for critical missions
** PLEASE REFER TO SPEC SHEET ABOVE