Free-float For-end with Accessories (Rifle Length)
Hogue has applied our OverMolded® technology to AR15/M16 style rifles producing the ultimate grip and forend combinations. The grips are specifically designed to retain the important lines and tactical aesthetics of these rifles while at the same time providing a comfortable rubber grip with finger grooves and palm swells. The AR15 platform forend is a unique two-piece, free-floating aluminum tube, available with or without rubber OverMolded® surfaces and in extended rifle mid and carbine lengths. The Hogue OverMolded® collapsible buttstock features reinforced polymer construction with a rubber cheek rest and a rubber/polymer hybrid butt pad that provides snag-free rifle shouldering. This one-of-a- kind design creates a snug anti-rattle friction fit that prevents unwanted movement along the buffer tube.
- The gas tube may need to be re-bent for proper installation.
- A low profile gas block should be used if under the forend, we recommend the DPMS Micro-Low profile gas block.
- 308 Rifles: There are two basic types of 308 "size" AR rifles, often referred to as DPMS or Armalite "compatible" rifles. The parts, magazines etc do not interchange. For an easy way to differentiate between the two styles of rifles, look at the rear bottom of the upper receiver. A DPMS compatible rifle has a rounded edge while an Armalite has an angled edge. We offer a coupler nut for both types. DPMS #15060 with a 1 7/16"-16 TPI and Armalite #15061 with a 1 7/16"-18 TPI.
- Forends work with all barrel types that will work with a standard Delta ring.
- Will not fit rifles with Piston Gas Systems.
- Will fit older model ARs and M-16s with triangular shaped handguard.
- Coupler Nut Torque specs: 30-80 ft/lbs
- Made of 6061 aircraft aluminum with a molded non-slip elastomer layer on the outside.