HEL-STAR Designator Threat Alert® (DTA) provides forward operators with an alert inside the helmet when lased by ground-based laser designators or aircraft targeting lasers. This feature combines the multi-function personnel marking capabilities of the HEL-STAR 6® Gen III+ with the active IFF sense & alert technology of HEL-STAR F2® into an essential piece of kit for JTAC, TACP, CCT & other forward personnel.
Export of this product (IR Models) is subject to ITAR/EAR Export Controls. Please visit our ITAR/EAR page (click here) or Contact Us for more Information.
- HEL-STAR DTA mounts on a helmet shell or helmet cover
- A User Feedback Module (UFM Cable) attaches to the back of the DTA body. The UFM is then routed inside the helmet to alert the operator if lased.
- The HEL-STAR DTA sense & alert system is ON when any of the four visible, covert, or black-out operating modes are ON.
- When lased by incoming aircraft targeting or ground-based lasers. DTA sends a strong warning to the operator.
- It can also be used for personnel marking. Three user-selected modes can be in White, Red, Blue, Green, NIR or SWIR in a variety of light intensities, flash rates, or in steady.
- Blackout Mode: Position B2 on HEL-STAR DTA has the laser sense & alert system ON only, No Emission (visible or covert).