If you've ever worn tactical gloves and wished for something better; your wish is now reality. Over 2 years in the making, the PIG FDT-Alpha Glove (Patented) offers ground breaking dexterity while providing much needed protection from the rigors of tactical work. Developed by a RSS Advanced graduate with over a decade of experience in instructing Military and Law Enforcement personnel, the FDT-Alpha Gloves were designed from the ground up to minimize impact on the operator's grip.
Instead of following the tired old routine of reinventing the Aviator Flight Glove, or making a cool looking glove with padding and layers in all the wrong places, the PIG design team partnered with the pre-eminent designer from an industry that actually makes gloves that fit really well- the sports glove industry.
Featuring several industry firsts, the FDT-Alpha allows unfettered access to all your firearms controls and manipulations, without the overwhelming bulk of unnecessary padding and layers. When it comes to gloves, contrary to most of the other tactical gloves on the market, less IS more; the less you feel your gloves, the better you can control with them.
FEATURES (* indicates industry firsts for a tactical glove):
- *Single Layer Multi-Piece Palm- Designed specifically so that only one layer of material contacts your shooting grip.
- *Sensitized and Isolated Pointer Finger- The thinnest available Clarino_ material available, only on the pointer finger for ultimate sensitivity.
- *Selective Forschette Material- Inside forschettes are ventilated for maximum wicking. Outer forschettes are Clarino for durability.
- *Low Profile Hook Closure- Reduces abrasion on clothing.
- *Flex Joints- Enhanced flexibility and ventilation on each finger.
- *Dual Flex Joint Trigger Finger- Providing maximum flexibility where you need it most.
- Bar-Tacked Para Cord Pull Loop... YES, NOW BAR-TACKED..
- Short Cuff- Lightweight comfort and convenience.
- Micro Suede Nose Wipe- Fights against cold-weather drip.
- Ventilation holes in Palms and Fingers- Increased wicking.
- Isolated Edge Padding- Protection without compromising the shooting grip.
- Wrap-Over Finger Tips- Provides additional comfort and protection for finger nails.
- Stretch Cordura 1000D Padded Knuckles- Stretch Cordura reduces pressure on the seams, thin padding takes the edge off of impacts.
While the PIG FDT-Alpha will be some of the highest quality gloves you own, given the nature of the job we expect them to do, they are NOT designed to outlast the Apocalypse. We believe that the trade off in extreme dexterity and sensitivity for perceived durability is well worth it, and far better than the old-school cut off the finger tips or go bare handed solutions.
At the end of the day, the PIG FDT-Alpha are a consumable product that will provide the user with the best tactile dexterity available in a tactical glove, and should be worn to destruction, then discarded and replaced. The selection of super sensitive materials and extremely tight seams mean that these gloves will eventually wear out, and there are no warranties implied. Please try them on and inspect them thoroughly for fit and finish before removing from the hangtag, but be forewarned, you will not want to take them off.
Great fit. After one time of use at the range, there is some wear with the stitching.
Would recommend. Exactly as advertised.
Saving the gloves for a Valentine’s Day gift for my son. He helped me place the order so I hope the size is perfect. Thanks.
I own two pairs, one for yard work and one for the range.
I love these gloves. Works as advertised. I measured my hands and then order according to the guide, the fit is perfect. I just ordered a second pair because I loved the first pair so much I began using them for yard work.