Avon Protection's revolutionary FM53 multi-role Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) System has been developed specifically for specialist applications where the user needs to respond to ever changing operational conditions.
NOTE: VPU Not Included, must be purchased separately. Filters not included.
HCC Tactical will send you a mobile friendly DocuSign form to easily upload your credentials for purchase.
The FM53 is globally acclaimed as the most technically advanced mask and offers both positive pressure SCBA, PAPR and negative pressure APR/capability. All of these capabilities are available from one mask platform without the need to change components. Available in right, left or twin port filter configurations.
The FM53 system was developed to address the multiple threats encountered on the modern battlefield, war on terrorism and peace keeping operations. It provides protection against traditional chemical and biological warfare agents and select toxic industrial materials (TIMs).
Field of View
- Panoramic single lens visor
- Optically correct visor
- Scratch Resistant
- 4 face piece sizes for improved fit
- Chlorobutyl rubber and silicone blend mask
- Low profile design for superior weapons integration
- Electronic Communication Port for integrated voice projection and radio communication
- Optional VPU provides ability to easily communicate while wearing mask
- Functions as both a negative and positive pressure mask
- VREU lever for easy switching between negative and positive pressure modes
|CBRN Agent Resistance||FM53 Performance|
|Mustard (H)||Greater than 36 hours|
|Laboratory protection factor performance (sodium chloride)||Greater than 10,000
NIOSH certified at 2000PF
|Breathing Performance (excluding filter)|
|Inhalation resistance at:|
|85 l/Min||15 mm WG|
|160 l/Min||32 mm WG|
|Exhalation resistance negative pressure mode:|
|85 l/Min||15 mm WG|
|160 l/Min||30 mm WG|
|Exhalation resistance positive pressure mode:||40 mm WG|
|Field of view|
|Visual field Score
-NIOSH CBRN standard
with CTCF50 filter
|NIOSH certified to 42CFR84
Approval number TC-14G-0323
with CBRNCF50 filter
|NIOSH CBRN APR standard cap1
Approval number TC-14G-0319
- FM53 with CBRNCF50 filter NIOSH CBRN APR Standard Cap1
- FM53 with CTCF50 filter NIOSH certified to 42CFR84
- FM53 is a component of the ST53 SCBA system, which is certified under 42 CFR 84
- Type-examination approval: PPE Regulation 2016/425/EU - Module B: Certificate CE 684837