The Caiman Hybrid Helmet System CARBON BUMP TO BALLISTIC HELMET SYSTEM. The Caiman Hybrid Helmet System is a streamlined, lightweight next-generation Special Operations helmet solution. Explicitly designed for accessory and component integration, users can also up the protection level of the Caiman Hybrid System for varying threats and unpredictable scenarios.
This Product is subject to ITAR/EAR Export Controls. Please visit our ITAR/EAR page (click here) or Contact Us for more Information.
The Caiman Hybrid Helmet is the first carbon bump helmet in the industry that can be ballistically-enabled. When paired with the two-piece, up-armor Applique, the threat-level protection of the hybrid shell is elevated to meet military-grade ballistic and impact protection standards. A series of modular accessories—including a Wilcox® Shroud, a lean rail system, and the innovative, multi-size APEX Liner System—enhance this helmet suite, ensuring users are equipped with the lightest, most comfortable, and highest performance head protection possible. Working directly with SOF operators, Revision built the Caiman Helmet System from the ground up, crafting a helmet solution designed for peak performance in high-intensity, volatile conditions— optimized for riverine, maritime, high-altitude, free-fall, and ground maneuvers. The result: an unconventional helmet system for unconventional missions.
- Only Bump System that provides bump and up-armorable, ballistic protection
- Carbon Bump System meets U.S Army Standard for impact protection (CO/PD-05-04)
- Carbon Bump System with Applique: exceeds industry standard ballistic protection requirements
- Optional two-piece Ballistic Applique up armors the Carbon Bump shell to the same level of ballistic protection as a ballistic helmet.
- Five Helmet Sizes: 39% of users benefit from better-fitting, comfortable, and lighter helmet
- Weight: Advanced materials and manufacturing processes achieve lightweight helmet solution
- Apex Liner System
- Impact liner provides best-in-class impact protection
- Comfort liner – optimized for stability, comfort and heat mitigation
- Removable, repositionable sections – for integration with overhead communications equipment
- Dial Ratchet Mechanism adjusts the fit band – provides on-the-fly dial adjustment
- Easily adjusted for a comfortable fit
- Entire helmet system is designed to seamlessly integrate with other military and communications equipment
- Suite designed for a range of uses including ground and maritime environments
- Integrated and Scalable System: Up or down armor with rails, NVG shroud, and optional full-face protection accessories (various visors and mandible guards)
- Ground-up design: minimizes weight & bulk while offering maximum protection & performance
BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE (Compliant with Applique)
- Significantly exceeds 2200 ft/s (670 m/s), 1.1 g (17 gr) FSP
- Stops NIJ IIIA level threats (9mm, 44 mag & .357 SIG) (NIJ 0106.01)
- Meets U.S Army Standard for impact protection (CO/PD-14-01)
- Full system weight: 673g (24 oz., 1.5lbs.)- (Medium Size)
- (Includes: Carbon Bump Shell, Wilcox L4 Shroud, Rails, Liner & Retention System)
SHELL GEOMETRY & CONSTRUCTION
- Carbon bump shell, provides extreme impact protection and structural rigidity
- Designed to integrate with up-armorable ballistic applique to achieve the same level of protection as a ballistic helmet