HCC Tactical is proud to offer the KATANA by Nocturn Industries as one of our selected platforms for custom Night Vision builds.
All custom built KATANA systems with RPO Glass will meet the following:
- lifetime warranty on housing and 10 year warranty on build service
- 2376 Min FOM IITs in White Phosphor with Spec Sheets
- 11769 White Phosphor Format tubes
- Resolution minimum 72-81 line pair
- SNR min 33
- Halo max .9
- Photoresponse minimum of 2200 micro amps per lumen or higher
- All Tubes will be within the Spot Spec Allowances per Elbit / L3 (See Images)
- Manufacturer tube warranty
- RPO Lightweight Eyepiece / Objective Glass
- OpFor Night Solutions Lightweight Diopters
- Collimated Tubes
- Leak Tested Housing
- Nitrogen Purge
- QC Checks
- Includes: Samara Lanyard, Vortex Optics LensPen, Lens Cloth, Cat Crap Anti-fog Paste, Bikini Covers, TNVC Expandable Storage Pouch, and one Bad Ass HCC Tactical Patch!
The Ultralight Articulating Night Vision Binocular
This is one of the lightest 18mm binocular systems on the market to date at a functional weight of 14.55 oz in the lightest configuration (I.e. Lightweight optics, Diopter assemblies, and hardware) or 18.42 oz. fully assembled with MIL-Standard optics, assembles, and battery. The articulating design allows users to use one eye or both eyes enabling the simultaneous use of a thermal optic or other non-passive aiming systems. This also enables users to operate vehicles without limiting head space by eliminating the need to stow the unit upright or to tuck the pods against the helmet when stowed.
It is simple with a minimalist design. An onboard battery with no remote power keeps things simple and wires off the helmet. Push button on/off in the cap to reduce weight and reduce the footprint of the bridge. Individual pod power on/off when articulated to the side for single or dual eye use and to eliminate backsplash when stowed or rotated out.
An original new “Friction Lock Interpupillary Adjustment” feature allows users to quickly and easily set IP stop distance with a simple rotate into place and forget design. No tools or knobs.
This unit is light weight without compromising strength. It is rugged and exceeds MIL-STD-810G plus has been drop tested to the NATO 1.5 meter firearms drop test standard. All our products are designed and hand built in New Hampshire, USA.
Tube type: 18mm MX-10160 style or MX11769 style with EGAC pigtail removed.
(Battery + Mil-Spec PVS-14 lenses and Photonis Image intensifiers): 18.42oz/1.15lbs/522g
(No Battery + RPO PVS-14 lenses and Photonis Image intensifiers): 14.55oz/0.90lbs/412.6g
On board power: CR123a
Out board Power: Optional LEMO port *DISCLAIMER: Do not use onboard power and remote power simultaneously. Main power controlled by battery pack when remote power is utilized.
IR Illuminator: No
Pod power off when rotated to side: Yes (Individually)
Ingress rating: IP68+
Mount style: Dovetail
Warranty: Lifetime repair or replacement of all housing components no questions asked. (Does not cover damages to intensifier tubes or lens assemblies)